Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, December 4, 2011

What I've Learned

In this class, I learned a lot about managing and growing successful relationships through communication. Before this class, one of the weakest points in the relationship between my boyfriend and I was that we couldn’t manage conflict effectively. After reading that chapter in the book, I was able to apply the concepts I learned to our actual relationship and see how they were able to make our communication ten times better. I also learned a lot about communication in society. I learned that there is acceptable and not acceptable ways and situations to communicate in in our current day society, and that these expectations are always changing. Through learning about all the aspects of communication- such as listening, confirming, constructive criticism, internal and external obstacles, etc.- I have been able to analyze all relationships in my life and figure out how to help them grow. I learned how to better my lifelong best friend that I rarely see relationship, and how to keep our friendship strong even when we’re not able to talk or see each other often. On the other hand, I also learned how to better deal with my family members relationships, who I see often. I also learned how to act with strangers and people I hardly know, and how to communicate with new friends in order to grow friendships with them. I personally feel as if I have greatly benefited from all I’ve learned in this class.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

I completely agree with you. I also used a lot of what the concepts in the book said. I too used what the book said about communication in relationships. This really helped my boyfriend and me because we didn’t communicate good which caused some problems. By me learning what to do in certain situations and how to handle them are relationship had grown and got better. I also used this to help me communicate with important people. I was shy before and not good at communicating with strangers. However this class has taught me a lot also and I am able to really apply what I learned to my own life and it has really helped me a lot!! =D

Post a Comment