Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Styles of Loving

One concept I found interesting this week was the different styles of loving. I had no idea that there were different types of loving, let alone six distinct types. When I was reading them, I was with my boyfriend, and we tried to determine what our specific type of loving is. I think our relationship is strongly storge. We began as friends and slowly built a romantic relationship that turned into love. We both have common goals in life of being successful in our jobs, moving away from our hometown, and someday building a family. We also have the same religious and moral values, seeing as we met through our church. We do have occasional crazy fights however, which is slightly in the eros style of loving. Also, we tend to have playful and fun periods, which lean slightly ludus. It was very interesting to try to figure out our loving type, and to learn that we can and do have parts of multiple types. Also, knowing that our loving type is not permanent is a nice thing to know, that maybe in the future we will be more eros or ludus than we currently are, because nothing is set in stone.

2 comments:

lead_succeed said...

Dear LIND$AY,

I also thought it was pretty interesting, although I could not find what love styles match with me haha. It was great to find out the six different types of loving styles while reading the text. I think its cool that you and your bf had the chance to see what type of love style you guys have. The love styles vary just like personality traits do. I think the more people understand these love styles and know which ones apply to them, the better communication will be.

-Cool post

-lead_succeed

Flora Winter said...

Hi lind$ay,

I thought is chapter was interesting and I too was surprised to learn there were different types of loving. When people talk about their relationships, you hear about what it lacks or what it is kind of like, so it was informational to know there is a diagram of the colors of love. I think it is great that you were able to identify multiple types in your relationship. I find that even when things are categorized, we always find ourselves a blend of several parts. This goes to show that loving is dynamic and complex, there is not one piece that concretely defines what or who we are. Thanks for sharing such a personal discussion!

Post a Comment